Sunday, April 5, 2009

Machosauce

It was a couple of weeks before the presidential election. I was anxious, so desperate and fearing of what I could see happening to my country with the overwhelming support of Obama, seemingly because he was black, by both black and white people. And then . . . then I found AlfonZo Rachel. He's a black conservative Christian Republican from California and he spouted his wisdom on YouTube in a bouncy rapid-fire stacatto. The particular video I watched that night was "1 More B4 11 04."

I cried, and my anxiety drained away. I knew then that I wasn't alone! That God's children aren't separated into skin colors (and there are black people who know that). Then I started looking at all of Zo's videos. I went to his website: Machosauce Productions. I now have a t-shirt that has Machosauce Productions on it (it also says, "One Mighty Nation Under All Mighty God.") When people ask what's "machosauce," I can answer, "It's the blood of the manliest man who ever lived, Jesus Christ." And then I grin. "Even El Diablo won't touch it!" (Zo wisdom, y'all.)

What's strange is how much Zo and I have in common. I mean, other than being Christian conservative Republicans. We're both martial artists and science fiction nerds. He's been working on learning computer animation, so he put together a little video of "old-skool" Battlestar Galactica. Well, the procession music for my husband's and my wedding was from Battlestar Galactica!

Zo's been tapped for PJTV. I'm not sure what all he does there, other than the making of similar short videos that he's been making for YouTube, because I haven't subscribed to PJTV (yet). The quality of the videos and the sound is much better there, but his commentary is just as pithy. When you go to Machosauce Productions on YouTube, there's a link that sends you to PJTV, so you can see those, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment