Monday, April 6, 2009

Belief

I prayed for God to heal our water well. It seemed like a reasonable request, one that I could have faith about. I felt a little guilty asking for it because it was just to make life a little easier for us. (I don't "deserve" an easier life, I felt.) And yet, Christ said God, being a loving father, will give us what we ask, no matter how big or little our request.

I prayed for the healing often, every day for over a week. A story Jesus told of a widow who pestered a judge enough that he finally dealt with her case implies that we can pester God, and it may help. But still, no water.

I'm not sure I had the faith. So I prayed for the faith to believe God would heal it. Still no water.

I've finally decided that it is God's will for us to be without water at this time, that God's response to my prayer is "no." So now I am praying for us to learn what we are meant to learn from this situation. Or at least, that's what I assumed God's purpose for our situation would be. But now that I'm typing this, I realize God's purpose can be myriad. It could be that my blog on this helps someone. Possibly I'm meant to call the well people and have them come up and check out our pump. Who knows? Maybe that would put them out of a bad situation that they would have been otherwise.

The thing is, we can't know. It's like that 912 Project mosaic that Glenn Beck had done. It's made with thousands of photographs of individuals. I'm on it (about third row from the top and fifth photo from the right edge). Where we live, we can see only one tiny part of the huge mosaic that God sees. We cannot see the full picture. All we can see is those around us.

I just have to believe that there's some good reason we haven't had water from our well for a little over three weeks. Thank you, God!

2 comments:

  1. Connie, is there anything we can do to help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for asking, Elisheva. I really have no idea what you could do. Mike is bringing water in from Albuquerque in gallon jugs; my daughter washes our clothes. And when I can't stand the sponge-baths any more, I drive to my daughter's house to shower. It's just a pain.

    ReplyDelete